Energy bars are a healthy way to pick yourself up in the middle of the day! I have them on hand all the time.. keeps me from cheating with bad snacks like chips and candy. I love making them because then I know exactly what’s in them.. I have total control over the ingredients. The ingredients for these bites can easily be switched up for variety too. Store them in the fridge so they stay nice and chewy for whenever you need a snack. I pop them in the freezer the night before going on a hike that way they are the perfect texture when you want something while you’re on the trail. They’re even great for breakfast! I roll the raw dough into balls and squish them into cookie shapes but you could easily cut them into bars if you prefer.
RAW Goji Bites:
2 c. raw cashews
2c. raw almonds
1/2 c. Goji berries
4 large Medjool dates
4 Tbsp. coconut oil
1/4 c. Maple syrup
1/2 tsp. pink salt (don’t leave this out)
1) Pulse nuts, dates, coconut oil, maple syrup and salt in a food processor until forms a course dough
2) Hand mix in the Goji berries until combined
3) Roll into 1-1/2″ balls then press them down with your fingers into cookie shapes or press dough into square glass pan to 1/2″ thick and with sharp knife cut into bars
4) Cover and refrigerate for around an hour before eating.. they will keep for 5-7 days
5) Wrap them in plastic wrap or an air tight container (separate them with wax paper) and freeze for 4-6 weeks
These bites won’t last long! The combination of pink salt, dates and nuts gives them a caramel flavour that puts them over-the-top!! Try them and let me know what you think and comment below.
Peace & Love, Karen (The Vegan Hippie-Chick)